The ICV is the peak body for Muslim Organisations in Victoria
The Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) is the peak Muslim body representing an estimated 200,000 Victoria Muslims and over 60 member societies. ICV offer advocacy and social welfare services while leading state and national initiatives on cohesion and harmony through community consultations and advice to Government. It has experience in building meaningful engagements, partnerships and projects with over 70 organisations (Muslim and non-Muslim) including over 20 Multifaith and Multicultural groups.
We aim to fulfill this vision through:
- Representation of Muslims in Victoria through advocacy, consultation and cooperation with governments, other faith communities, service providers, the media, and the general public.
- Promotion of an accurate, informed and positive understanding of Islam, Muslims, and issues important to Muslims.
- Advocacy with respect to the civil rights of all Australians.
- Promotion of understanding, cooperation, tolerance and respect between all faiths.
- Empowerment and encouragement of the Muslim community to continue to be actively, responsibly and positively integrated into mainstream Australian society.
- Provision of special services to improve the welfare of disadvantaged groups in the Muslim community.
- Development of capacity within the Muslim community in areas of expertise to facilitate this vision.
- Facilitation of cooperation, unity, and positive working relationships within the Muslim community, and between the Muslim community and the broader community.
As part of our commitment to advocacy and empowerment we also run the following services and projects:
- Arts Portfolio
- Environmental Portfolio
- Community Integration Support Program (CISP)
- Zakat Collection & Issuance
- Hall and Facilities Hire
- Hospital Chaplaincy
- Prison Chaplaincy
- Interfaith Dialogue Forums & Steering Committees
- Media Representation
- Past Disaster Management Strategy (MEMO)
- Indonesia Exchange Program (MEP)
- Muslim Leadership Program (MLP)
- Mosque Tours & School Presentations
- Muslim Connect (Post Release Rehabilitation Program)
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
- The Office for Women (OW)
- Daily Prayer Services & Friday Sermons
- Yearly Taraweeh & Eid Programs (Including Numerous Iftars) for Ramadan
- Refugee & Asylum Seeker Support
- Short-Term Project Grants