The ICV is the peak body for Muslim Organisations in Victoria
The Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) represents more than 180,000 Victorian Muslims through its 62 member organisations located throughout metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria. Our vision is to build a better community for all Australians through the empowerment of Muslims in Victoria.
We aim to fulfill this vision through:
- Representation of Muslims in Victoria through advocacy, consultation and cooperation with governments, other faith communities, service providers, the media, and the general public.
- Promotion of an accurate, informed and positive understanding of Islam, Muslims, and issues important to Muslims.
- Advocacy with respect to the civil rights of all Australians.
- Promotion of understanding, cooperation, tolerance and respect between all faiths.
- Empowerment and encouragement of the Muslim community to continue to be actively, responsibly and positively integrated into mainstream Australian society.
- Provision of special services to improve the welfare of disadvantaged groups in the Muslim community.
- Development of capacity within the Muslim community in areas of expertise to facilitate this vision.
- Facilitation of cooperation, unity, and positive working relationships within the Muslim community, and between the Muslim community and the broader community.
As part of our commitment to advocacy and empowerment we also run the following services and projects:
- Arts Portfolio
- Environmental Portfolio
- Community Integration Support Program (CISP)
- Zakat Collection & Issuance
- Hall and Facilities Hire
- Hospital Chaplaincy
- Prison Chaplaincy
- Interfaith Dialogue Forums & Steering Committees
- Media Representation
- Past Disaster Management Strategy (MEMO)
- Indonesia Exchange Program (MEP)
- Muslim Leadership Program (MLP)
- Mosque Tours & School Presentations
- Muslim Connect (Post Release Rehabilitation Program)
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
- The Office for Women (OW)
- Daily Prayer Services & Friday Sermons
- Yearly Taraweeh & Eid Programs (Including Numerous Iftars) for Ramadan
- Refugee & Asylum Seeker Support
- Short-Term Project Grants