10 March 2020 We’re opening our Mosques and people’s minds, but our hearts are still broken Victorian Mosque Open Day 2020 On Sunday March 15, thirty mosques and Islamic centres from across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria will participate in the fourth annual Mosque Open Day, an event that grows with each…
Responding to Islamophobia ResearchDulwich Centre Foundation in partnership with the ICV – Islamic Council of Victoria are conducting an important project with university students on Islamophobia. This project will enable Muslim students from across Universities in Melbourne to share their experiences and responses to all forms of Islamophobia so as to create a resource to assist other students. It consists of two parts:
- Part One – Sharing stories between Muslim students
- Part Two – Sharing stories with and between non-Muslim students
- We seek a total of 24 students across all universities, with 18 being Muslim and 6 non-Muslim, between the ages of 18 to 24, with a 50/50 gender balance.
- There will be 4 groups of 6 interviewees each with two 90-minutes sessions, and will be strictly confidential and anonymous.
- Interviews will take place between mid-to-late June at the ICV Spencer St HQ.
The resource created from this project will be shared internationally in various places where other Muslims having experienced Islamophobia.
Please express your interest to participate: email@example.com by 31st May 2019
15 May 2019 “My Vote Matters” calls out Islamophobes standing for parliament” The May 18 Federal Election campaign has been blighted by the proliferation of micro-parties and candidates that have a blatantly Islamophobic agenda. With over half-a-million views and counting, the My Vote Matters online campaign has identified nine micro-parties that are running on…
22 April 2019 Bomb attacks in Sri Lanka The ICV and the wider Muslim community are devasted by the barbaric attacks on churches and other locations in Sri Lanka. We send our deepest condolences to the Christian community in Sri Lanka, to all the people of Sri Lanka and to the entire Sri…