SOL: Spirit of Leadership
Leading by Prophetic Example
Young Muslims in Victoria are invited to be part of a new and unique leadership training program. Join the Spirit of Leadership, a program which will deliver holistic leadership training for young and talented leaders. The program aims to provide spiritual leadership, encompassing the virtues and essence of Islam through the Prophetic model, with a focus on Ihsan (working with excellence), Rahma (dealing with people through compassion, kindness, mercy, inclusion and diversity) and Khidma (in service to the community)
What will the program involve?
This program is delivered by Benevolence Australia in partnership with the Islamic Council of Victoria’s Youth Committee. This rare opportunity will give participants the chance to become leaders who are driven by their values, skills, experiences and self-awareness.
- Develop foundational understanding of leadership enriched with the teachings of leadership in Islam
- Enhance leadership skills as part of a leader’s retreat program
- Obtain practical experience in leadership and project management through active involvement in projects
- Network and participate in panel discussions with successful Muslim leaders
- Experience leadership through field trips to community and broader community organisations
Can I apply?
SOL is open to young men and women who:
- live in Victoria
- identify as a Muslim youth (18-28)
- are currently involved in a Muslim social group, association or community center
We highly encourage recently arrived migrants (last 5 to 10 years) and youth from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How do I apply?
- Please complete our online application form.
For further information, please read our FAQ tab or contact us at: SOL@icv.org.au