- For people to share their lived experience of dealing with the pandemic.
- An opportunity to hear the voices of the children, so that we can reimagine the pandemic through the lens of young people.
- To celebrate the recovery period and give hope to others.
- Expressing the rich cultural diversity that exists amongst the Victorian Muslim and other cultural and religiously diverse communities
- To celebrate and acknowledge the creativity of the largest portion of the Muslim community, the children and young adults, who are the future leaders, creators, and pillars of society.
First 5 video entries will receive $100 vouchers for the following category:
Children (5 – 12 years)
First 3 video entries will receive $100 vouchers for the following categories:
Young people (13 – 17 years)
Young Adults (18 – 25 years)
Adults (25 years+)Mosques Re-opening The pandemic proved to be one of the most difficult times for the Muslim community, as the hub and spiritual centre, a practising Muslim’s daily life revolves in and around the masajid. During the pandemic, Muslims faced the aspect that they would not be able to enjoy the festivities of their two greatest days of the year, together with friends, families, and loved ones. Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha. The significance of this, also proved the resilience of our community. That our faith stands true to its message of spreading peace and diversity, through being at one with the Victorian community at large, by staying safe and following government regulations. To celebrate the community’s resilience, especially through the restrictions. We have dedicated a day for mosques to share their story. The adversity they faced, and the light at the end of the tunnel – by sharing their processes of opening up again to the wider community. Video brief for the Mosques The Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) would like to share this initiative with all Mosques in Victoria. We would like you to record a short video to be shared during our Digital Festival. The video is a great opportunity to share your thoughts and guidance to the community, to assist them and highlight their spiritual resilience during these difficult times. The video submitted can work on unlimited ideas, so you can be as creative as possible. It’s a chance for individual mosque management to give a voice behind the planning of re-opening during restrictions. Video, can follow this structure: Introduction – Of yourself. For example, “Salaam, I’m….” Body – Explain the importance of keeping the community safe – talking to the planning and implementing of opening up the mosques again to the community Outro – End your video. You can end this with an individual parting message Things to consider:
- Intonation and speed of delivery.
- Be as natural as possible.
- Between points of information, leave a gap. This makes it easier to edit, if needs be.
- Enjoy the process!